NEW: Improved performance of ribosomal RNA Depletion
Lexogen RiboCop rRNA Depletion Kits are a fast and convenient rRNA depletion solution for human, mouse, rat, and bacteria RNA samples using a streamlined magnetic bead-based workflows. The new version RiboCop rRNA Depletion Kit for Human/Mouse/Rat (HMR) V2 offers improved depletion performance, particularly on degraded RNA samples, while maintaining unbiased expression profiles.
If you work with blood samples, you will benefit from the NEW combined solution RiboCop HMR plus Globin. With this solution, ribosomal RNA as well as globin mRNAs (highly abundant in blood samples) are depleted simultaneously from the RNA sample in one step, providing a highly convenient workflow for blood samples and freeing up sequencing space for RNAs of interest.
Lexogen RiboCop available as a stand-alone kit, combine with Lexogen CORALL Total RNA-Seq Library Prep OR with your choice of whole transcriptome solution.
By using RiboCop V2 you benefit from:
- High depletion efficiency: <1% of remaining rRNA and globin reads
- Robust protocol: New, sophisticated probe design delivering robust rRNA depletion without off-target effects
- Reliable technology: Enzyme-free protocol preserves full-length RNA and allows processing of low quality RNA samples
- Scalability of input and throughput: Flexible input of 1 ng – 1 µg total RNA and automation-friendly protocol
- Complete workflow solution: Fragmentation-free RNA-Seq workflow in bundle of RiboCop with CORALL Total RNA-Seq
- Universal applicability: Compatible with all standard RNA-Seq Library Prep Kits. Available for human/mouse/rat, including blood samples, and for bacteria.
RiboCop HMR V2 reduces rRNA reads to below 1%. Ribosomal RNA was depleted from Universal Human Reference RNA (UHRR) using RiboCop HMR V2 over a wide range of input amounts (1 ng to 1 µg).
Removal of globin mRNA leads to a significant increase in gene detection. 10 ng whole blood RNA were depleted with RiboCop HMR V2 or HMR+Globin. Libraries were prepared with the CORALL Total RNA-Seq Library Prep Kit and sequenced on NextSeq™ 500 (1×75 bp).
Read more from the technical note.